Thursday, October 9, 2014

THURSDAY PICK ME UP!


On today’s Thursday Pick Me Up, let’s talk about heroes.  What makes them who they are, and what we love about them.  I personally love my own guys!  Zacke, Miles, Gideon, Hawk, Ian, Wulf, Derek, Tiernan, and Gareth.  This group of men came unbidden into my dreams, my life, and dove into my computer.  I pretty much lived, breathed, and worried about their problems, until I finished writing their stories.

Zacke came to me in a dream when I wasn’t expecting it. I wrote the first three chapters of Kensington’s Soul for a contest, but did not place. I got pulled into his lonely but so worthy life as a vampire/detective.  As for Miles, he and Hawk walked right into the pages of the first book in my, Bound By Blood, The Legends series. I never saw them coming.  But once they landed on a roof in Savannah in their kilts they were here to stay.

Miles was always a protector of children and women, and he carried that torch in Dunbar’s Curse.  Gideon, Zacke’s mortal partner knew almost from the beginning his best friend had fangs, but it didn’t matter to him.  He got his own story in Gideon’s Heart. Hawk is waiting on the sidelines. He hasn’t told me quite yet what he is looking for in a woman, and he is carrying a load of guilt over what happened in book three.

I know what I love about these four guys—their hearts, souls, their desperate need to help others while fighting evil, but I want to hear what you like in a hero also. 

Don’t hesitate to drop me a comment or an email, I’m always available to fans!  Next week, we’ll explore how my other men came to be.

Until then, read a book, kiss a loved one, and have a blessed week!

No comments: